Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organize your very own event.
Electric Cars: The Future of the Car Industry?
Thursday, March 24: 6:00pm-7:30pm- Lane Motor Museum
Join us for a special event that will discuss a current topic of today’s car community: electric vehicles.
The event will feature:
- Andy Cook and his company www.rechargecar.com*. They have an interesting electric car conversion and will be bringing the car to the museum for demonstration and discussion.
- Jeff Heeren- owner of Nissan Leaf Vin #150* (only the 6th Leaf to be delivered to a consumer globally). Jeff has a blog about his Leaf that can be seen at www.leafn.com.
- Rick Michaels, owner of the Electric Spitfire conversion that is currently on display in the museum. Rick will be on hand to answer questions.
- Fred VonColln- owner of a Tesla Electric vehicle. Fred will bring his Tesla for everyone to see!
In addition, the museum will have its’ Peugeot Scoot’elec and Solex Electric Moped out for demonstration.
Pizza and soft drinks will be served for all attendees.
DAY OF EVENT SCHEDULE:
The event will take place in the museum’s lower restoration area and that’s where you will want to go first to check in. If you’re not familiar with the building this is near the parking garage. If you would like to arrive a few minutes early we will begin check-in at 5:30 pm.
The event will start promptly at 6:00pm and the event schedule will be as follows:
Introduction by Museum Director, Jeff Lane
6:00-6:10- Presentation by Andy Cook of rechargecar.com
6:10-6:15- Questions for Andy Cook
6:15-6:25- Rick Michaels will talk about converting his Triumph Spitfire to an electric car.
6:30-7:30- Open time to view the electric cars and talk with the owners including the model from rechargecar.com, Rick Michael’s Triumph Spitfire, Jeff Heeren’s Nissan Leaf, Fred VonColln’s Tesla, as well as a possible Prius Plug-in that is a late addition. Andy Cook will be giving rides in their electric car to those who are interested. Also, Lane Motor Museum will have our Peugeot Scoot’elec and Solex Electric Moped available for test rides. You MUST wear a helmet for test rides.
- Pizza and soft drinks will be available during the open session from 6:30-7:30pm.
*Please note that Lane Motor Museum is not endorsing any of the companies or products at this event. This is simply meant to offer an interesting, technical discussion about the electric car market.